Upon registration, the first month's tuition and registration fee are due. These fees are non-refundable. Cash, credit cards, and checks are accepted.
Our tuition is based on a September through May session and is divided into 9 monthly installments. A student is expected to complete the whole season through May. Monthly tuition remains the same regardless of holidays, spring break, school holidays, Mardi Gras, and recital dates. We do continue classes after recital and our last date of classes can be found on our important studio dates below.
Tuition is due on the first of each month. All payments received after the 10th of each month will carry a $15 late fee. All returned checks will be charged a $25 insufficient funds fee. To keep costs to a minimum we do not send out monthly statements.
Any medical issue involving injury must be presented with a doctor's note to receive tuition credit in the case of extended abscenes (ie: broken bones, etc).
Open/overdue accounts must be paid in full or student will not be allowed to participate in class.
If a student withdraws from a class, the parent must fill out a drop form at the desk or the student will continue to be billed for classes. Please note that the month the class is dropped, tuition for that month and any prior tuition must be paid in full at time of withdrawal.
Costumes are required for each routine a student performs in the recital; prices range from $65 - $95. Costume money is non-refundable. For your convenience, costume payments are split into two installments. The first 50% will be due by October 15th and the remaining balances are due by November 15th. Our costume orders will be placed at the beginning of December. Tuition must be paid and up to date in order for students to bring home costumes. Our costumes will be displayed on a costume board at the end of Nov./Early Dec. in our lobbies.
The recital is at the Mobile Civic Center. Our 2013 recital will be Saturday May 11, times TBA. Rehearsal will be Sunday May 5, time TBA. A non-refundable fee of $65 per family is required and due by Feb. 10th. This will cover the cost of performing in the recital and include a souvenir program, 2 recital tickets, and one dancer pass. This fee helps defray the cost of this large production. Additional tickets can be purchased for $14 in advance or $16 at the door. *Recital tickets are not released until May tuition is paid and all accounts are up to date.
First day of class is September 5.
No classes on the following dates:
1. There must be a minimum of 6 students in class in order for it to remain on our schedule. If this is not met, we will assign students into an available class.
2. Parents must not leave children, or their siblings and friends, unattended before and after class. Our staff is not responsible for your child once they are dismissed from class or before classes begin.
3. Please watch your personal items at all times as we are not responsible for valuables left around the studio.
4. Dress code must be met at all times or the students will not be allowed to participate in class. Cover-ups must be worn to and from class.
5. No food or drink, other than water, is allowed inside the classrooms. Water can be brought in only if in sports bottle or plastic water bottle. No open containers.
6. No refunds will be issued. When the student enrolls with Broadway South, it is understood they will complete the 9 month dance term. Accounts must be up to date. Students may not participate unless account is paid and current (no past due payments).
7. If a student needs to leave class early for any reason, a note must accompany the child to class.
8. NO CANDY OR GUM ALLOWED IN CLASS.
9. Good attendance is necessary for students to progress in their art. Please keep absences to a minimum. However, if your child has a contagious illness please keep them home!
10. If a student arrives to class more than 10 minutes late, they will view the class in the classroom and not dance. Proper warm up is necessary to prevent injuries.
11. If you feel you need to discuss certain issues with the teachers, you may do so by reserving a conference time. Our front desk staff can assist you in scheduling a time. Our teachers like to keep communication open with our parents but are not allowed to have conference time interfere with class time.
Copyright © 2012 Broadway South Dance. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Broadway South Dance is prohibited.